Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Alzheimers Art Quilts for sale.


these four fantastic quilts from 4 famous quilters are for sale, at the extremely reasonable (depending on your view - not to mention your pocket) price of just $10,000.00. The negative to purchasing one of these beauties is the risk of giving Ami Sims a heart attack, now that would never do. Ami is the hard working American quilter who is the driving force behind the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative where quilters worldwide make tiny quilts for auction to raise funds for Alzheimer research.

Read all about the hilarious Ami, her latest fund raising promotion World Quilt Federation Smackdown featuring the 4 quilters and their quilts and of course view the WQF Smackdown Championship Belt. A lovely piece of blue creativity made by John Flynn, one of the quilt contenders............hmmm......just who's waist measurements did John Flynn use do you suppose?

Not feeling like coughing up Ten Thou just now?, well you can donate to the cause by voting for the quilt of your choice in the Viewer's Choice Award.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Kathy and I am the full time caregiver for my eighty one year-old Dad who has Alzheimer's and lives with me in North Carolina.

    When my Mom died in 2004 and Dad moved in with me, I had no idea what to do. But day by day, I found ways to cope, and even enjoy having my Dad with me.

    So I started writing a blog at www.KnowItAlz.com, which shows the "lighter" side of caring for someone with dementia.

    After a while, I added over 100 pages of helpful information and tips for caregivers. We even have a Chat room so caregivers can communicate with each other from home. Art and music are a very large part of my Dad's therapy.

    Please pass this link along to anyone you feel would enjoy it.

    Thanks!
    Kathy Hatfield

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to get all chatty and leave a message for the Buderim Patchwork Girls, we love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...