Tuesday, July 16, 2013

2013 Quilt Show - Part 10

'Little Charmers'
created by Helen


Little Charmers by

Heather Mulder Peterson

Pieced and machine quilted by myself. Made for a friend.


'A Touch of Scotland'
Created by Gwen

From the first book of Skinny Quilts by Kim Schaefer. Mostly felt. Hand appliqued.


'Spring'
Created by Marlene
 Photo Courtesy of Lorraine

Loved the colours. Pattern from "Free" on blog by Moda. Machine pieced by me.
Professionally quilted by Quilting Fairy - Fiona Bell

 'Crazy Maze'
Created by Marie


I downloaded this free pattern from the internet. The name of the pattern is Bento

Box but I have called mine Crazy Maze because I lost my way in joining the pieces

but my Quality Controller {husband} put me on the straight and narrow. The quilt is

made with a Jelly roll and strips that I cut. I quilted it on my domestic sewing

machine and the quilting looks crazy too.


'Plain Sailing'
Created by June



Designed for a table on my son's yacht. It was pieces cut to go around a curve. It

had to be individually pieced and I could not use paper piecing as each piece had

to be pinned and looked at carefully. There are 64 points. My son really loves it.

'Just a Few More Flowers'
Created by Gwen
 A closer view of some of Gwen's flowers to show the subtleties of shading in the fabrics.
 Photo Courtesy of Lorraine

From a book" Stars in my Garden Hand appliqued Hand Quilted


'My Green Bag'
Created by Ailsa
Bought the fabric and pattern from the Palmwoods group. Loved the fabric. Green is

one of my favourite colours. The fabric beads really show off well in this lovely
fabric.


'Roman Stripes 1 & 2'
Created by Estelle


Photo Courtesy of Lorraine

Made these quilts for when the grandchildren are here visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to get all chatty and leave a message for the Buderim Patchwork Girls, we love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...