Tuesday, July 16, 2013

2013 Quilt Show - Part 12A

'Night Sky'
Created by Gwen
Made from a photo in a book of antique quilts owned by Judy Smith. Hand pieced and hand quilted.

'1/2" Hexagons' 
Created by Jenny

 I was inspired by an antique quilt that was part of Annette Gero’s “Fabric of
Society” quilt exhibition. The fabric used is reproduction Civil War. 
I thoroughly enjoyed making this quilt and was quite sad when it was finished. Technique:
English Paper Piecing Hand quilted.


 'Towers Memory'
Created by Estelle

Colour wash that I made 2 similar.  One of them my daughter has and I have the
other. It has been made from remnants and I made it in a workshoip in
Charters Towers some time ago. It is one of my favourite quilts.



 'Blue Emerald'
Created by Denise
 
Reversible Log Cabin topper was a workshop for our Thursday night patchworkers
which Marlene Hogan guided us through. The time we put into making this topper
and the help we gave each other showed up indeed in some wonderful creations.


 'Emma’s 18th Birthday Quilt & Nana’s Legacy'
Created by Leanne
This Quilts bright vibrant colours remind me of the 2 most important females that have helped to shape my life.



'Don't Waste a Thing'
Created by Lorraine
I save all my scraps and turn them into something useful.Even the selvedges.
One of many little items I have made with these unusual pieces of fabric.Well, I paid for it, I
might as well use it!

1 comment:

Please feel free to get all chatty and leave a message for the Buderim Patchwork Girls, we love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...