Tuesday, July 9, 2013

2013 Quilt Show - Part 2

'Jacobs Delight'
Created by Marguerite
A few of we girls decided again to all make the same quilt.  (Mayflowers by Joanne Ridley, featured in one of the patchwork magazines in our library). 
Mine is made completely from pre cut strips in the sash!
On completion it just reminded me of 'Jacob's Coat of Many Colours', hence 'Jacob's Delight'.
The quilt has been professionally quilted by Carmel Brown.


'Colourful Squares'
created by Chris

A couple of years ago I was inspired to make this quilt using the bright Kaffe Fassett fabrics after seeing a similar one in Kimz Sewing and Patchwork store.
The ladies there got me started with the initial cutting and planning using colours of my choice and then I went on to complete it at home.  All machine pieced.
After sitting untouched for many months, I eventually had it quilted by Quilting Fairy
I love the beautiful vibrant colours that brighten our spare room.


'Quick and Curvey'
Created by Susan
This was made for my daughter Nicola for her 26th Birthday this year.  Nicola chose the fabric with some help from me.
On walking into the shop my daughter looked around and said "This is an old ladies shop"
As you can tell by her comment she is not a patch worker but she loves the end result of the quilt
The quilt design is by Liz Kerr and was a class taught at the Patchwork Angel, it was quilted by Fiona Bell Quilting Fairy.


'Tripping with a little help from my friends'
Created by Jane
The Thursday night girls were inspired by Bonnie Hunter of 'Quiltville's" scrappy trip around the world.



'Southern Comfort'
Created by Helen
I was inspired to make the quilt by first buying a layer cake (just because I liked it), as you do.  Later saw the pattern and it went from there.
I machine pieced the quilt myself and had it quilted by the Quilting Fairy.
The quilt was then given to my daughter and her husband as a gift.



'Playtime'
Created by Ailsa
I purchased this in kit form a few years ago.  The pattern is an original design by Colleen, Julie and Kath from Angels in Disguise, Eumundi, Qld. Circa 2008 and produced in Australia.
I wanted some handwork to tae to patchwork group so I did this over some time, put them away for a few months before I put the top together.
Then it spent some more time away again before I recently did the watercolour pencil colouring and then machine finished the wall hanging.
It will be for my first great grandchild whenever that happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to get all chatty and leave a message for the Buderim Patchwork Girls, we love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...