Thursday, July 11, 2013

2013 Quilt Show - Part 4

'Australian Flora'
Created by Marie
The Australian flora fabric I feel is really beautiful.  It represents the Australian flora so well.  I used the Snowball pattern thinking it would be a quick quilt to make but forgot about all those seams that should meet.  But I was happy with the result.


'Gum Leaves in the Pool'
Created by Betty
An article from an old Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine by Wendy Williams, from N.S.W. gave me inspiration for this quilt a "reflective mosaic of cool summer blues and rustic browns".
Materials all found in my depleted material stash.  Hand appliqued, machine pieced and quilted.


'Ute Quilt'
Created by Lorraine
 I made this quilt out of scraps for my husband to take along on those overnight trips where he sleeps in the ute.  White backgrounds and pastels just don't work in this situation.  The scraps cover many, many quilts, most of which I can remember.
Quilt is designed, machine pieced and machine quilted by me.


'Romantic Roses'
Created by Jackie
I saw this quilt in the Patchwork and Quilting magazine, and bought the kit from a shop in Brighton S.A. many years ago, stitched in 2012.
Machine pieced by Jackie
Machine quilted by Judy at Furball Farm Quilting.



'Emptying my Scrap Basket'
Created by Jenny
This quilt represents 3 of my favourite things - English Paper Piecing, scrap quilts.


'The Flowers that Bloom in the Spring'
 Created by Sue
Deborah Kitching's flower block from her book Country Best was the ideal size to take and stitch on my recent train and coach holiday in Australia.  I used bright scraps I had in my stash instead of the country colours Deborah suggested.  I also added borders making the quilt big enough to use as a single bed topper.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely to see this quilt from my book all those years ago made up in bright colours. Love the extra borders you added. Kindest regards Deb Kitching

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to get all chatty and leave a message for the Buderim Patchwork Girls, we love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...