Tuesday, July 16, 2013

2013 Quilt Show - Part 9

'Whig Rose Revisited'
Created by Marie



The pattern for this quilt is by Jane Morgan and the pattern was in the Quilter’s
Companion magazine. I was lucky enough to find 4 coordinating fabrics to make
this quilt at Johno’s fabric shop.It was appliquéd by machine and quilted on my
domestic sewing machine.


'Cat's Party Time'
created by Lyn
Made for my granddaughter, Dana for her 'big bed'. Hand pieced and hand quilted
using the 'quilt as you go' method. From a pattern by Kelli Wulfsohn of "Don't Look
Now". I added an extra panel at the top and bottom of the quilt and as I really liked
the cheeky cats I made them a feature of the quilt.


'Crazy Black Evening Bag'
created by Debby
A few years ago I decided to make five Christmas stockings for each of my family
members. Crazy can take lots of T I M E!!!!!!! Three years later, only two Christmas
stockings have been completed…I’m still unsure if I’m going to start the next
three??? This is quite masculine with all of the dark colours and I couldn’t complete
a lot of crazy on this stocking as the fabrics are too busy. Lets just see how many I
complete before Christmas this year. Pattern & Sewing Instructor: Jenny Clouston
Machine Sewn & Hand Crazy Quilted by: Debby


'Trio in Black'
created by Gwen
Made from drawings of German flowers and leaves by Richard Hoffman. Hand
appliqued, felt and embellishment. I just loved the shapes.


'Marlene's Q.A.Y.G Reversible Log Cabin'
created by Jules
Photo Courtesy of Lorraine

I am a beginner quilter, and a member of the Thursday night Buderim Quilting
group. This reversible log cabin quilt was made from the inspiration and guidance
from Marlene Hogan of the same group. It is all machine pieced and stitched by
myself and made from my scraps. Marlene gave up many of her Sundays to give
me free tuition; I am very appreciative that she gave me her time. This little quilt
sits proudly in my guest bedroom.


'Butterflies of Love'
created by Beryl
Pattern variation of a Joanne Ridley Quilt. Made for my granddaughter. Pieced and
quilted by me.


'Lowel'
Created by Pat
I have named this quilt after the lovely town of Lowell in Massachusetts, USA, where
I visited the New England Quilt Museum. At the time a wonderful display of quilts
from the American Civil War were being shown. They were owned by a private
collector who happened to be there when we visited. She told us many stories
about some of the quilts, the difficulties of obtaining cloth at the time and the love
and heartache that the wives and mothers and daughters had sewn into those
quilts. It was very interesting and moving. I purchased some reproduction material
from the museum and decided to make a quilt using the English paper piecing
method. A simple hexagon pattern and simple outline quilting produced a pleasing
to the eye quilt for the bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to get all chatty and leave a message for the Buderim Patchwork Girls, we love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...