Thursday, March 28, 2019

Cooler weather has arrived...

...perfect for getting all wrapped up in a quilting project.
Sheila has once again shared her pics and words from the group meeting for our enjoyment. Thanks Sheila.

Marion shared two projects with us, the first is a definite U.F.O. Yep, a finish.
Started in a machine embroidery workshop about 8 years ago with Pamela, a tutor at Kimz Sewing and Patchwork. Gotta love a F.F.O.
Marion also had her first effort of paper piecing to share. Some reverse sewing was done to get this cutie to the finish line.

Karen Daniel shared her stunning 2018 Q.A.Y.G. block of the month she followed on facebook.
Karen very kindly sent us a tad more info on her lovely quilt, Thanks Karen
"it is an Esther Ali pattern. A BOM, available for anyone to join. There were over 3,500 members world wide. I believe 3 cottage members did it including me. I started it in January 2018. A first for me on 3 fronts, My first BOM, my first attempt at appliqué and I used the QAYG method. I made a few small changes but generally stuck to the original pattern. I learnt a lot of what NOT to do next time.
Karen

Esther Aliu does a free B.O.M. each year, if you miss the free BOM but still want to make the quilt I believe you can purchase the pattern on her site.
Her 2019 free B.O.M. is 'Hold Onto Your Heart'
and a great pic of the pieced backing.

Sheila would also like you to know that Raffle tickets are now available from group members.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to get all chatty and leave a message for the Buderim Patchwork Girls, we love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...