Sunday, June 30, 2019

2019 Quilt Exhibition - The fun continues

Continuing on with pics and stories of the many amazing quilts in our 2019 Exhibition.


Candlewick and Lace For Sale $400
Val Tanner
Val
"This quilt filled a need to have some hand stitchery.
It took about 12 months to complete and tested my hand quilting, which I hadn't done for a number of years. The squares were put together using the 'quilt as you go' method.
The quilt would make a very lovely topper for a queen bed
Hand quilted by me"


African Animals
Lyn Solomon
Lyn
"Hand appliqued African animals: Zebra, Lion, Hippo and Giraffe. Made for my grandsons after their trip to South Africa to see all these animals in the wild.
Pattern by Monica and Alura Pool.
Hand and machine quilted by me."


Whirling, Whirling, Whirling For Sale $300
Lorraine Irvine
Lorraine
"I saw this quilt at a Stitches and Craft Show at the RNA showgrounds a couple of years ago and bought the pattern and decided to make it into a bed quilt.
I quilted this myself."


Cream Teddy
Karen Wikman
Karen
"One of my family was giving an old Chenille bedspread to charity but I snaffled it first. I used some of it to make this Teddy. My granddaughter loves him and always gives him a big cuddle.
Pattern by Jenny Boylan published in 'Handmade' Magazine."


Pieced in Blue
Wendy Tame
Wendy
" I wanted to do a blue and white quilt. The pattern is by Edyta Star.
I quilted this myself."


Rose of Kaleigh
Wendy Tame
Wendy
"I love doing English Paper Piecing and saw Sue Daley's pattern and loved it
Pattern by Sue Daley.
I quilted this myself."


Abundance of Pink
Yola Webster
Yola
"This quilt was inspired by 'Green Tea and Sweet Beans' by Jen Kingwell. Our Thursday Night Group had taken it on as a project, however, I started adding new blocks and altering the placement of some of the original blocks. It was a real learning experience working with new techniques and using fillers. It is also the first quilt I have quilted myself on a longarm quilting machine.
Quilted by me."


Owl and Pussycat For Sale $75
Susan Webb
Sue
"Child's wallhanging based on design by Natashia Curtin featured in 2007 'Patchwork & Quilting - Applique Special' magazine.
All cotton fabrics hand appliqued by myself using fusible webbing and buttonhole stitch.
Machine quilted by Esther Strelen with some hand quilting by myself."


Port Wine
May Carson
May
"This quilt is my first attempt at making a "jelly roll" quilt at a workshop helped by Kim from Kimz Sewing and Patchwork. I've called it 'Port Wine' because I needed a couple of glasses of wine to work out how the squares should be pieced together.
Quilted by me."


Dresden Plates in Blue and Yellow For Sale $350
Val Tanner
Val
"This quilt is my first attempt at English Paper Piecing. I found it very therapeutic while watching T.V. or chatting at patchwork afternoons. I have hand quilted the squares and pieced them together using quilt as you go method.
The design is traditional.
Inspired by trying something new.
Hand quilted by me."


Whip it up
Stella Lopera
Stella
"Obviously my extended family thinks it's nothing to 'whip up' a quilt.
This was another requested 'easy' wedding gift!
Quilted by Fiona - the quilting fairy."


Fairy Frost Ribbons For Sale $150
Sandy King
Sandy
"I found this pattern on the Internet and loved it. I thought it would look great using the same range of fabrics so chose the 'Fairy Frost' range in 12 different colours. It was a pattern where you had to seriously concentrate and the 'unpicker' got a workout.
I tried various ways of quilting it but found that straight lines worked the best."



The Kiss by Gustuv Klimt
Michelle McGrath.
Michelle
"I love Gustav Klimt's paintings and saw the 'The Kiss' panel at the 2018 Brisbane Quilt show. I purchased the panel and the accompanying pack of fabrics, added in some extra fabric and here we are.
Quilted by Fiona - The Quilting Fairy."


Kaleidoscope For Sale $180
Marie Weber
Marie
"I saw this pattern for a quilt on the Quilt show. I thought it seemed an easy way to cut fabric for the Kaleidoscope effect.
The fabric I purchased was a 'spur of the moment' buy.
I love bright colours and this fabric is certainly bright.
Quilted by me."


Peter and Friends For Sale $175
Marcia Elliott
Marcia
"As a lover of Beatrix Potter, I HAD to buy this fabric of Peter Rabbit and Friends.
It is machine pieced
Quilted by Carmen's Quilting." - sorry no link


Taupe For Sale $400
Gaye Cook
Gaye
"My daughter gave me a book of Japanese Quilt Blocks as a gift some years ago. It was the calm neutral and taupe collection, not my usual choice of colours! I have been making up the blocks at irregular intervals since. Last year I decided I had enough to put together into a quilt. And here it is
Quilted by Fiona - The Quilting Fairy

2 comments:

  1. It was a great show - thoroughly enjoyed it and picked up a lovely gift for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming along Susan, glad you had a good time. We are all still on a high here. I'm sure your friend will love the pressie. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to get all chatty and leave a message for the Buderim Patchwork Girls, we love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...