Thursday, June 27, 2019

Its getting close,
real close,
and while the Atrium doesn't have its party frock on yet, these are the quilts that will greet you when you arrive for the Exhibition.
Update - - We now have stories to go with the pics folks, some sweet stories, some heartwarming and some that will make you laugh. Hope you enjoy - A.
'Pinwheel Delight' For Sale $500
Janice Souter
Janice
"I made a Raffle Quilt in this design two years ago.
I love the simple design and wanted to make another one,
I love Jewel colours.
Pattern by Christine Cohrs.
Quilted by Judy Davidson - Furball Farm Quilting."


'Doily Memories'
Beryl Darby
Beryl
"I have been collecting fabrics and doilies for a long time with the vision of making this quilt. The quilt is full of so many memories."
Quilted by Wendy Tame


'Queen of the Night'
Ailsa Ash
Ailsa
"I purchased this printed Sashiko design from the Patchwork Angel stall at our quilt show two years ago.
U have stitched it almost exclusively whilst at our patchwork group".


'Sublimation' For Sale $300.00
Sue Andrew
Sue
"Four 'Fabric Panels' of the same print were aligned exactly on top of each other, all four layers were tacked in place and then cut into 4-layer stacks of identical 2 1/2" squares.
The four squares of each stack were then stitched together at a common corner with each square being a 1/4 turn from the next.
the resulting 5" blocks were then arranged to give a colour wash.
Machine Quilted by me".


'Egyptian Odyssey'
Yvonne Palmer
Yvonne
"Handprinted designs from Karnak Temple in Luxor and Aleydos Temple in middle Egypt.
Pattern by Reece Scannell.
Machine quilted by me"


'Black Opal'
Pam Stewart
Pam
"This quilt was made for my daughter's 40th birthday.
She had requested a quilt that was an overall design rather than one made with distinct blocks.
So I made this tesselated pin wheel style quilt using a 4.5" template from "Pinwheel Magic"
The fabrics are all Kaffe Fassett Collective with the exception of the black border
Quilted by Lisa Reynolds of Seaside Quilting" sorry, no link available


'Emblems of Japan'
Susan Webb
Sue
"Japanese emblems called "Kamon" - family badges or crests, some dating back centuries.
Based on designs featured in books 'Japanese Quilt Blocks' by Susan Briscoe,
'Quilting with Japanese Fabrics' by Kitty & Sylvia Pippin and
'The Changing Seasons' by Jill Liddell
All cotton fabrics hand appliqued by myself using fusible webbing and buttonhole stitch.
Machine quilted by Esther Strelen" sorry, no link available


'Easy Wedding Gift?'
Stella Lopera
Stella
"This quilt was a request as an 'easy' gift for a family wedding! Ummmm...
Quilted by Karen Doyle"


'Not Metro Hoops'
Michelle McGrath
Michelle
"This quilt was intended to be a Metro Hoops design but the old adage 'measure twice, cut onec'...well I didn't and so couldn't mamatch up my hoops! A little bit of lateral thinking was needed and this is the finished result, which I quite like.
Pattern by Sew Kind of Wonderful
Quilted by Fiona - The Quilting Fairy"


'Suburbia' For Sale $250
Gaye Cook
Gaye
"Suburbia uses reclaimed ties from Op Shops to build suburban homes on suburban streets, ties worn each day by the workingmen who live in these houses. The sashing which surrounds is made from reclaimed denim jeans, weekend wear for these same men. Embroidery pets, occasional flying visitors and potted plants complete the picture. The contour pattern used in the quilting is suggestive of the underlying land.
Quilted by Fiona - The Quilting Fairy".


'Garden of Life'
Karen Wikman
Karen
"I enjoyed stitching these designs and am pleased with the look of the variegated thread.
The unusual background fabric caught my eye so I altered the original quilt design to be able to use it.
Pattern by Julie Lovell of Calico Farm Designs,
Machine quilted by me".


'Crazy Patch'
Sherrye Hackett
Sherrye
"My first crazy patchwork with silds, velvets and embroidery. I made the pattern myself.
I also hand and machine quilted myself".

'Fibonacci Plays Music with Improvisation'
Sheila Tweedy
Sheila
"Quilt is an original design using 'magic ratio' of Fibonacci 1,1,2,3,5,8 for 3 center panels and improvisation for 2 outer panels.
Made from blue fabrics from my stash for granddaughter, Emily's 12th birthday.
Emily plays piano, viola and recorder hence music fabric. Backing fabric features her favourite butterflies.
Machine quilted by me".


'It's in the Genes' For Sale $130
Karen Doyle
Karen
"My Mum started my creative thirst. I think it started when I was her 'ironer' before I had my own sewing machine. She would sew, I would iron and between the two of us, we would both rotary cut.
When I saw the theme for the quilt show was "Reclaimed" I just had to do a jeans quilt.
There is no wadding in the quilt, but it is really lovely and warm. If you have a look on the back (quick - no one is watching) you will see the variegated thread made a great design that makes it look like it was quilted.
Also, all the dirrerent demim colours look great on that side also. It is almost reversible".


'It's a Cat's Life'
May Carson
May
"I love cats. So it stands to reason that my very first attempt at the technique of 'Quilt as you go' would feature these adorable machine embroidery designs of cats helping with housework.
Machine Embroidery designs by Kats by Kelly.
Quilted by me".


'Trousers, Ties and Tartan'
Marlene Hogan
Marlene
"In keeping with the show theme - Recycle, Repurpose, Reuse.
A modern "wagga", definition - (Aust) covering made from two sacks cut open and sewn together. Embellished with recycled trousers, ties and skirts of tartan
Hand and machine quilted by me."


'Labyrinth Walk'
Marie Weber
Marie
"When I first saw this quilt I thought it would be a challenge to make it. It was but I enjoyed doing it. It is only two blocks but many pieces in each block
No'Y' seams which was one reason to make it.
Quilted by me."


'Tumbling Block' For Sale $100
Jan Brewer
Jan
"I took an opportunity to do a workshop for easy piecing of the blocks by Leisa Seigle
It was easy too!
Pattern by Leisa Seigle
Quilted by me."


'African Elephant'
Lyn Solomon
Lyn
"Made for my family who toured South Africa and saw elephants in the wild.
Pattern by Monica and Alaura Pool
Hand and machine quilted by me."


'A Burst of Colour'
Sandy King
Sandy
"This is my first foray into the world of English paper piecing (and possibly my last), with some needle turn as well. I should probably have started with something smaller but 18 months later it is finished. I did seriously think of turning it into a cushion at one stage but am glad I perservered. I chose bright colours from my stash. It was also my first effort at free motion machine quilting. This quilt is going to a good home as a friend of mine loves it so when the show is over it will live on her bed."


'Snuggle up in Colour'
Lorraine Irvine
Lorraine
"I had quite a lot of hand dyed fabric scraps from my applique days and when a friend gave me some scraps from her business (Sue Andrew Hand Dyed fabrics) I put them all in a bin to use up 'someday'. I finally decided that even though the strips were different sizes and not all straight they would make me a lovely quilt to snuggle up on the sofa. About the only pattern that seemed to match up with the wonkiness was a part log cabin.
Quilted by me."


'Under a Mushroom'
Rita Buckley
Rita
"I saw this pattern at Faeries In My Garden and thought it would be perfect for Isla, my great niece.
Pattern by Lesley McConnell.
Quilted by Fiona - http://quiltinfairy.blogspot.com/."



And that folks is just the Atrium, just one room of the Cottage. There are so many other quilts, along with their quilt stories to be seen and enjoyed, and when you need a bit of a breather there is a lovely tea room to sit and have a cuppa and a sweet treat or to enjoy a soup luncheon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to get all chatty and leave a message for the Buderim Patchwork Girls, we love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...