Tuesday, July 16, 2013

2013 Quilt Show - Part 11

'A Touch of Gold'
Created by Lorraine
Lorraine very kindly allowed her lovely quilt to be used on the entrance table.
 I have really fallen in love with this disappearing nine patch pattern. This one is

made using just three fabrics and I like the formal look. Machine pieced and quilted

by me.


 'The Boys Are Back in Town'
Created by Sue


Hand buttonhole using Vliesofix. Machine quilted by Esther Strelen. For our grandson.


'House and Gardens'
Created by Denise
 House and Gardens I did so enjoy creating No 2 so turned to No 3, House and Gardens, which shows
birds, flowers, home and colours I love very much. I kept to the ‘quilt as you go’
method for this quilt and included a Russian Punch block trying free motion
quilting. Applique` seemed a good idea too and blocks were sourced and tutored
by Darren to all the ladies learning.


'Butterflies, Hearts and Flowers' 
Created by Marlene
Workshop by Letitia in January 2013 "Going Around". My butterflies don't fly in
circles they are every "which way"/ Raw edge applique, pieced by me by machine.
Professionally machine quilted by Furball Farm Quilting, Judy Davidson


 'Serpentine Quilt'
Created by Marie

This quilt is a Moda pattern by Susan Allen. The pattern called for 5” charm squares
but I decided to use my Ricky Tims fabric which I cut into the 5” squares. By using
the green fabric with the Ricky Tims fabric it has made this a very bright quilt.



'Yes, I'm an I Spy Quilt
Created by Beryl
 
For a new baby. Hope she has fun finding different things. You can make this. Made
by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to get all chatty and leave a message for the Buderim Patchwork Girls, we love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...