Friday, July 12, 2013

20213 Quilt Show - Part 7

'Faceless Girls'
Created by June
Designed by me from a panel of 10 girls.  I cut them up and then I just arranged them as I thought they should go.  I am keeping this one until one of the grandchildren talk me out of it.  Professionally quilted by Judy of Furball Farm Quilting.


'Flower Bed'
Created by Helen
Designed by Bronwyn Hayes.  I embroidered the pieces, machined it together and hand quilted it myself.  I intend to give the quilt to my granddaughter.


'The Kindness of Strangers'
Created by Anne
Machine quilted and pieced by me from fabric donated to our Patchwork Group and cut into jelly rolls by our Secretary Lorraine.  Design is Boxing Day by Nancy J. Martin in her book 'Rolling Along easy quilts from 2.5" strips.


'Black and White All Over'
Created by Jackie
Inspiration came from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.com.  Bonnie has quilters all over the world sewing 'Scrappy Trip Around the World' quilts, it was a fun quilt to make, and it doesn't always finish as 'Trip Around the World'.  I made an alternate choice for my finished quilt.
Completed in March 2013.  Machine stitched by Jackie, Machine quilted by Judy at Furball Farm Quilting.


'Magic Lanterns'
Created by Lorraine
Janice presented this workshop at the Cottage last year.  I loved the lanterns and have made several of them.  This one sits on the sideboard in my dining room.
Machine pieced and quilted by me.


Squares and Circles,
Created by Gwen
One afternoon at the Cottage, someone threw, that's right, THREW these blocks and fabrics at me and said "You can do something with these". So I did!



'Knots and Lace'
Created by Val
The five Candlewick squares are by a very dear friend (who has since passed away)
The border I did myself as well as the quilting.  I put it together with an Heirloom theme in mind - which I think I have achieved, and used a quilt as you go method.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to get all chatty and leave a message for the Buderim Patchwork Girls, we love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...