Monday, July 1, 2019

2019 Quilt Show and Exhibition - Post 4

Time for some more eye candy and quilt stories. Enjoy!


Scrappy Windmill
Beryl Darby
Beryl
"I did this quilt in a class with June Sulzberger. In the past, June was a member of our group here in Buderim.
Quilted by Carmen Brown." - sorry no link


Lone Star. For Sale $450
Janice Souter
Janice
"I noticed a beautiful Lone Star quilt at the Sewing Mill.
Wow, I had to do the workshop with Beth.
Colours are outside my comfort zone, working with silver, rust, sparkles on black
Pattern by Beth Clayton - Sewing Mill, Nambour
Quilted by Judy Davidson - Furball Farm quilting."


Summertime
Di Stark
Di
"I wanted to make a 'Quilt As You Go' quilt and so thought this pattern would fit the bill. It was quick and fun to make. It wasn't long enough for me so I extended it by four rows. I like my quilts to cover the pillows.
Pattern by Joy Coey.
Quilted by me - quilt as you go!"


Halo Medallion. For Sale $450.
Wendy Tame
Wendy
" I wanted to do foundation piecing and loved the pattern.
The pattern is by Sue Garmin
I quilted this myself."


Sudoku. For Sale $90
Karen Doyle
Karen
"Yes, as the name suggests - it is just like the numbers game but made from fabric. 9 different fabrics - one of each in each square, one of each in each column and one of each in each row.
Simple and looks great.
Quilt as you go makes it to have hand sewing to take on patchwork on Wednesdays."


Kimono Kekeshi Mark 1V
Susan Webb
Sue
"Wallhanging - patterns designed by Sandy Rodenmayer (Texas, USA). Inspired by traditional Japanese Kokeshi Dolls, of which I have a small collection.
All cotton fabrics, hand appliqued by myself using Vliesofix and buttonhole stitch.
Hand quilted by me."


F is for Freya
Karen Daniel
Karen
"F is for Freya, is the first quilt that I have made for my granddaughter, Freya. Again, it was a course run to teach how to make full use of the sewing machine. Both Poppy's and Freya's quilts are very similar, but different colour schemes.
For my darling Freya. I hope she enjoys it as much as I have enjoyed making for her.
Pattern by Lynda Howell
Quilted by me with help of a friend."


Sunshine Resort. For Sale $150
Sandy King
Sandy
"I bought the kit for this quilt several (???) years ago and then dug it out last year for something quick to make. The kit consisted of the panel in the center and the matching fabrics for the borders. I made some changes to the original pattern to make the quilt bigger. It is a fun quilt, which I have given the alternate name of "Does My Bum Look Big In This". It is a bright and happy quilt.
Quilted by Carmen's Quilting."


Abundance of Pink
Stella Lopera
Stella
"Inspired by Fiona's quilting style. Fabric was partly from my stash and partly from the generous donations to me by my patchwork friends.
Quilted by Fiona-The Quilting Fairy"


Rock Walls of Buderim
Pat Reid
Pat
"A design by Jennifer Sampou, interpreted from a picture on the internet. The 'rock' shapes remind me of the dry rock walls frequently seen in gardens on the top of Buderim.
The first stage of this wall hanging was to sew various half square triangles. These were to become my 'rocks'. They were then cut in an improvised manner with a rotary cutter and hand appliqued.
Straight line quilting makes a bold design on the neutral colour backing and some improvised quilting surrounding the 'rocks' appearst to make them stand out on the backing fabric. I quilted using aurifil thread on my domestic sewing machine. Approximately 300 hours to complete."


Blue Jigsaw
Sheila Tweedy
Sheila
"Quilt is an original design resulting from a workshop in improvisation with Julie Haddrick at A.Q.C. 2018 in Melbourne. It is machine pieced and machine quilted by me using fabrics from my stash.
Made for granddaughter, Sappho's 12th birthday. She loves colour blue and jigsaws.
Backing fabric is a special printed piece from the Cook Islands featuring turtles.
Machine quilted by me."


Black Magic
Marcia Elliott
Marcia
"I made this quilt for my daughter when she moved into her renovated Queenslander. It is machine pieced. The pattern is 'Black Magic' by Terese of Gumnut Gear.
Quilted by Carmen's Quilting."


Hexie Table Runner
Michelle McGrath
Michelle
"This was my first attempt at 'hexies'. I started this about 3 years ago and happy to now say I have completed it. All done by my own fair hands with a little bit of embroidery to finish it off."


Stormy Warriors
Sheila Tweedy
Sheila
"Quilt is an original design using 'wonky' lightning blocks.
Made for my grandson, Jack's 12th birthday. He loves basketball and the colour red. The feature blocks were reclaimed from a licensed singlet from an Op Shop. Jacks dad is coach of the 'Rockets'.
Machine quilted by me."


P is for Poppy
Karen Daniel
Karen
"P is for Poppy, is the quilt that I made for one of my grandaughters, Poppy. It was a course run to teach how to make full use of the sewing machine. I decided to do this course, because even though this was my 4th Sewing machine that I had owned, I had never ever learnt to use any of the previous machines before.
I decided to make it a quilt for my granddaughter, Poppy, but I had two granddaughters, the other is Freya, so clever clogs me (hahaha) thought I might as well make 2 at a time.
For my beautiful Pops. I hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it for her.
Pattern by Lynda Howell.
Quilted by me."


What a Hoot!
May Carson
May
"My Husband and I love to travel in our caravan,. We were doing a big lap of Australia and I wanted to quilt whilst away (had a cousin's baby to sew for) but with no power I wasn't able to take my machine. So I improvised and took a pre printed cot panel and hand quilted the designs with embroidery thread and machine pieced the main quilt together when I got home.
Hand quilted by me."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to get all chatty and leave a message for the Buderim Patchwork Girls, we love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...