Thursday, July 4, 2019

2019 Quilt Show and Exhibition -- post 5 and Raffle Winners

We have winners, 3 of them in fact for not only did we have the two fantastic quilts in our raffle but also a terrific basket of sewing goodies, containing lots of sewing nic nacs donated by members as well as one of the snazzy sewing lanyards created and donated by Kim of Kimz Sewing and Patchwork. Thank you Kim
Ist Prize Winner is Marion Dempsey
2nd Prize Winner is Christine, a fellow member of the Masters Swimming group with Sheila.
Christine just loved her quilt.
Third Prize of the sewing goodies was Jan of the Cottage group MMM.
Enjoy your prizes gals.

Now some more eye candy from our Exhibition.

Green and Gold For Sale $150
Jan Brewer
Jan
"I always enjoy a challenge and this one was made with a challenge from Penny."


My House
Lyn Solomon
Lyn
"This was a Block of the Month pattern from our library that appealed to me.
Pattern by Leanne Beasley.
Hand and machine quilted by me."

Layer Cake Custard
Marcia Elliot
Marcia
"I found the pattern for this quilt on the Fat Quarter Shop youTube site and thought it woud be ideal for my great grandsons 3rd birthday.
Showing off large novelty squares and backing it with dinosaur fabric, it was a great hit.
Pattern by Fat Quarter Shop
Quilted by Carmen's Quilting."


Good Fortune Mystery
Lorraine Irvine
Lorraine
"I love mystery quilts and will quite often print off the instructions and then decide not to make it after all. This time I decided that I would actually work this one as a mystery - follow the instructions every week, post a photo on the blog of the designer and wait patiently for the next clue. This was done over the early Christmas period last year and I didn't buy a single piece of fabric for it - all out of the cupboard.
The pattern is by Bonnie K Hunter.
I quilted this myself."

Hexie and Clamshell Cushions
Karen Wikman
Karen
"I went through my stash looking for blue fabrics and then had fun putting these two cushions together."

Pinwheel Crib Quilt For Sale $110
Jan Brewer
Jan
"I made this little crib quilt for a grandchild, turned out to be a boy, so he got a blue one instead!
Pattern by Moda Bake Shop.
Quilted by me."

Thinking of Hawaii For Sale $45
Ankie Boessenkool
Ankie
"This fabric was gifted to me so I decided to fussy cut the hibiscus. Can feel the sand between my toes."

Paint and Lace
Karen Wikman
Karen
"A Patchwork friend gave me some off cuts of a Painters's Drop Sheet. I loved the texture.
Another Patchwork friend gave me some laces that she no longer wanted, so I put them together in support of our 'Reclaimed Theme'."

Blue Dreaming
Marie Varley
Marie
"This quilt is one of two quilts I made for two teenage girls who wanted the same design but made in different colours. The design is from a book of quilt designs called 'The Gentle Art of Quilt Making' by Jane Brocket. The quilt is machine pieced
Quilted by Fiona - The Quilting Fairy


Sunshine and Hope
Marie Varley
It was difficult to get a decent pic of this quilt so am delighted that there are two of the same design. I'ts story is the same as above - A




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to get all chatty and leave a message for the Buderim Patchwork Girls, we love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...